Is there really any other produce that screams ‘summer’s near’ quite like watermelon? We don’t think so… and that’s why it’s the ONLY ingredient in our Seasonal Spring Juice. Whether it’s watermelon’s refreshing sweetness or its vibrant colour, it’s an awesome addition to any plate. It also boasts some seriously powerful health benefits that cover everything from the function of your brain all the way down to the cells in your feet.
1/ LOOKIN’ GOOD, GOOD LOOKIN
Containing a heap of vitamin C + A, watermelon will keep your skin healthy. Vitamin C will help to regenerate collagen and brightens over all skin tone. While Vitamin A promotes the turnover of skin cells and can help with conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis. So quit the beauty products and keep your hair luscious and your skin radiant with this clever melon alone!
2/ THE BIG SIP
In addition to boosting hydration, watermelon juice serves as a great source of several electrolytes, including potassium, magnesium and phosphorus, as well a small amount of calcium. This helps to ensure your cells can eliminate wastes and aids in the delivery of necessary nutrients into your cells.
3/ DITCH THE ACHE
Grab the Cali’s Organic Watermelon Jucie half an hour prior to your next workout! Amino acids in watermelon are said to protect against the muscle pain after a tough training session. One study found that men who drank natural unpasteurised watermelon juice prior to their workouts found they had reduced muscle soreness 24 hours later compared to those who drank a placebo.
RECIPE: SPARKLING WATERMELON & ROASTED STRAWBERRY POPSICLES
Makes 10-12 popsicles
3 x 350ml Cali Press Organic Watermelon Juice
2 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp maple syrup
1 cup (250ml) sparkling apple cider, champagne or mineral water
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Hull and cut strawberries into thick slices.
2. Place the strawberries on a baking paper lined tray, drizzle with oil, syrup and roast for 20 mins until syrupy and impossibly fragrant.
3. Pour all the juice into a blender, add roasted berries, all pan juices and pulse a few times until berries are roughly chopped. Stir in sparkling beverage of choice (do not blend, it will bubble over).
4. Pour into popsicle molds, leaving a bit of extra space at the top for bubbles to expand. Freeze for a few hours, inserting sticks after the first 45mins.
• Sparkling: Alcoholic or non-alcoholic apple cider will make these quite intense, sparkling mineral water will tame the sweetness a bit, champagne or sparkling wine will end up somewhere in the middle.
• Let them go for a dip! Place the popsicles in a champagne flute or coupe for guests to enjoy.