We’re so pumped to reveal our latest and greatest addition to the Cali Press offering – our new Health Shelf menu. Specifically designed as a grab and go menu, we’re talking a variety of brand new healthy juices, tonic shots, wholefoods and snacks available now in all Cali Press cafes.
To help realise our vision for the Health Shelf we teamed up with certified nutritionist superstar, Jacqueline Alwill of the Brown Paper Bag and we’re happy to say the results exceeded all expectations!
Q&A: Cali Press x Jacqueline Alwill
- You’re a certified nutritionist and the brains behind Brown Paper Bag (one of our favourite food blogs); how would you describe your food philosophy? Health and good food shouldn’t feel complicated, overwhelming or worse boring and mundane, it’s my job to ensure it’s the opposite experience! So my philosophy in food is simple, nourishing and delicious.
- You recently collaborated with the Cali Team for the new Health Shelf menu; is it hard to create ready-made food that is both nutrient packed and delicious? Far from it! We have all these incredible fresh, seasonal ingredients at our fingertips, all we need to do is creatively put them to use!
- “Let food be thy Medicine”; please discuss… Think of each bite of food as an opportunity to nourish and fuel the body so we can thrive. We can make the choice to eat nutritious food, so let that be our medicine, or we can make bad choices and pay for it in other ways. The answer seems pretty straightforward to me.
- Do you think the Health Shelf menu is particularly suited to Sydney siders? I would hope it’s suited to everyone! It’s nutritious and well-balanced meals, which anyone and everyone could do with more of in their lives, especially when they’re convenient, ready to pick-up and take with you.
- As a fan of Cali Press, what’s your go to when you hit one of our cafes? Not to be a traditionalist, but I do love The Cali Green Juice – it ticks all the boxes my little boy and I. Jet love, love, loves the Le Chocolat smoothie.
Cali Press is set to become your one-stop shop for a concentrated Tonic Shot! The new range are medicinal powerhouses which include the usual star player ingredients such as Turmeric and Echinacea, plus we’ll be introducing some great new additions such as Kakadu Plum and Manuka Honey.
Back at juice HQ we’ve taken the Evergreen to the next level with the addition of Chlorophyll and Chia. New to the scene is Green Beets as the name suggests – a mix of leafy greens, vegetables and the addition of beetroot is sure to set your heart racing with its host of athletic performance benefits.
We bring you the perfect brekky-on-the-go with our steel cut, Overnight Oats topped with a house-made pear and raspberry compote. Next in line is our Coconut Chia pot, layered with berry compote, activated buckwheat and pistachio granola.
Filling and full of flavour we would like to introduce you to dukkah dusted Persian Eggs with herbed quinoa and cherry tomatoes. While The Lox is loaded with two boiled free-range eggs, a side of smoked salmon, asparagus,, baby spinach complete with a side of horseradish and yoghurt dressing.
The Zucc – our take on a raw Asian, noodle bowl brings together ingredients such as zucchini and pickled ginger with a delicious white miso dressing. Sprouted takes your nourishing bowl adventures to a whole new level with brown lentils, spinach, mung beans, feta and a hint of lemon zest.
Curb your lunchtime hunger cravings with our sashimi grade Tuna and Salmon based poke salad bowls. Both are totally gluten free on a base of brown rice with toppings like wakame seaweed salad and edamame beans. #stopit!